Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We made it

We had a good drive to Kamloops and then on to Victoria. Victoria is beautiful and the cottage we're staying in is nice. We had our first visit to the fertility clinic yesterday. The bloodwork from Edmonton on Friday had showed that my E2(hormone) levels were quite high but they weren't sure why. I didn't really feel comfortable hearing that but followed instruction and started a third injectable med.
I was very happy to hear yesterday that my ultrasound showed everything is going well and the doctor said it may be ony 2-3 more days of injections...YAY...I'm not really enjoying them but it's too late to quit now so every night I keep it up!

My dear hubby was extremely nervous at the clinic. He was in the room with me during the ultrasound but he then went back to the waiting room part way through. I was fine! He won't be coming in the room with me anymore! The staff was so nice...the nurse said one of them would come in with me during the egg retreival as hubby can't handle it. Well we go back tomorrow for monitoring and to hear when we will move on to the rest of the plan. I am nervous for the egg retrieval..I hope they use lots of drugs as it is done under conscious sedation. I am glad we are at this clinic. The staff is very friendly and they do whatever they can to make you feel comfortable. They even give you a heating pad and little socks to keep your feet warm.

I'm really glad I'm not working during this as I feel tired all the time, and have other assorted weird symptoms including mood swings that well isn't like me at all....good thing dear hubby is understanding and I can nap whenever I want and see the beautiful ocean all the time too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Yvonne glad to hear it's going well so far! Could they tell how many follies there are? I am praying madly! Good job with the injectibles. I always had high estrogen on all my bloodwork too. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had lots of follies. On Monday there were 17 on one side and I can't remember how many on the other. Today I went back and I didn't ask how many there were but obviously lots as it took a long time to count and measure all of them. No shortage of eggs! I might trigger tonight and have retrieval on Sat. They'll let me know more later today.

    ReplyDelete