Saturday, August 21, 2010

Thankful

Well some parts of this IVF didn't go very well but it got me thinking to all the things that I am thankful for about it all:

-My dear hubby who drove us all the way to Victoria and back. I love his sense of humour through it all...yes there is alot of humour to be found in fertility treatments! He hung out for many days in a little cottage while I was sick and we didn't get to go out at all. He took good care of me. On the second last day at the clinic he even managed to stay in the room for my ultrasound and doctor's demonstration of how to inject blood thinners, and instructions on what to stop taking and what to continue. Good thing because he remembered more about anything the doctors said than I did that day.

-My mom who still doesn't quite understand how all of this works but wants to know all the updates and keeps on telling me it will work out fine. She also has blessed us with some money towards the treatments. Couldn't ask for a better mom.

-Our 10 beautiful embryos. It was sure hard to get them but we are very fortunate to have so many that are doing so well. It was kind of weird to get the daily updates from the lab and hear the lady go on and on about how fabulous our embryos were doing. Nothing ever seems to go well for us on the trying to have a child front but she just kept giving glowing reports day after day. There's no guarantees, but the quality of the embryos is the biggest factor in pregnancy success so this is good. Many people go through a whole IVF cycle and end up with no embryos to freeze and try again so we are blessed with our 10!

-The VFC lab has recently started using a new way to freeze embryos called vitrification and it helps the embryos to do very well in the whole process and makes the success rates much closer to that of fresh embryos. Good for us to be there after they started using it.

-For freezing before IVs...thank you Dr. H!

-For the kind, caring, and friendly staff at VFC

-For my new friend that I met in Victoria who is also a patient at VFC. We were one day apart in our cycles but she'd done several IVFs before so she was so great to talk to about what was going on. She's going to take the day off work when go back to Victoria for my transfer and she'll pick me up at the airport and take me to the clinic. I had to laugh because when i was in for my egg retrieval the clinic was on the phone asking her how she was doing since hers was the day before. She knew I was there at the clinic so she had them say hi to me. I pray this will be her last IVF and she will be blessed with a baby soon.

-That this is my last day of GATORADE! This stuff is seriously NOT a thirst quencher. I should email the Gatorade company and say "I have been drinking one litre of gatorade a day for the past two weeks and I have never been more thirsty!" I secretely wonder if the RE's of the world all have stock in the gatorade company and that's why they make all their patients drink it. I should ask Dr. H!

-That I no longer look 6 months pregnant and I can now walk faster than a 100 year old woman. Seriously all the extra fluid I had and my crazy giant ovaries made my belly stretch so huge I thought I didn't have enough skin to cover it all. I could only walk at a snails pace. It's pretty much normal now, the rest is just extra fat I think!

-That my ohss got better and not worse, I thankfully did not need to have fluid drained!

No comments:

Post a Comment