Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quick update

Just a quick update before bed. We now have 17 embryos, most are very high quality. The lab director and the doctor are super pleased as of course the quality of the embryos is the biggest predictor of pregancy. Since we have so many good ones they decided not to transfer today but to let them grow until Friday to see if it becomes more obvious if some are better than others. Today they pretty much all look fantastic which they said is a good problem to have.

I'm still on the fluid restriction which makes me feel kinda lethargic and I'm starting to hate all flavours of gatorade. They all taste the same!! The doctor says two weeks of this!! Ah well what can you do. I had my last calcium infusion today so officially no more needles. I seriously look like a drug addict now with all my bruises and marks but they will go away soon so no problem.

I decided to stop taking tylenol 3 and gravol round the clock. I still have a fair bit of nasea and soreness but it`s manageable. I`m not supposed to go out in the sun and I walk as slow as an 85 year old woman with my soreness but hey at least I`m in a nice place! Actually we`ve been able to do a few nice things and just lots of sleeping and resting.

Well the embryo transfer is on Friday at 10:00! Then I will be PUPO! (pregnant until proven otherwise). Thanks to my friends and family for the prayers and support.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Yvonne I knew ivf was hard on the body but now that you're going through it I can see just how hard it is. You are doing awesome though. Hang in there and rest as much as you can!! I am so excited that you are going to be pupo tomorrow! Heidi

    ReplyDelete