Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A good report!

I went back to the clinic this morning for another calcium infusion and I got to talk to the lab director about our embryos. We have 18 embryos which she graded on a scale that goes up to 20 where 15-16 is average quality and 20 is perfect. We have 4 embryos graded at 20! We have lots that are 19, 18, 17. She seemed very pleased with these results. I have to go in tomorrow prepared to do a day 3 transfer but very likely we will get to wait until Friday for a day 5 transfer. It is often better to do it on day 5 because as the embryos grow a bit more it becomes easier to tell which are developing better so you can transfer the very best ones back. The doctor said since I am a "youngster" (at 34 lol) and I have very good quality embryos I could have good success with transfering just one. The pregnancy rates would be a bit lower with transfering one versus two so hubby and I need to talk about it. The downside of transfering two is the chance of twins which can have more potential of risks to the babies and to me.

I also found that having an IV in the underside of your wrist is not pleasant...ah only one more IV tomorrow, hope they can find one more vein. Oh and since i can pretty much only drink gatorade I decided I needed to explore other flavours other than the 6 pack of blue that hubby bought me the other day.

Wow I can't believe something related to trying to conceive is actually going well for us...grow little embies grow!

1 comment:

  1. That's great news Yvonne. I know it's a huge decision but my vote would be do two just to increase your chances. Oh and as for Gatorade, I've always preferred lemon-lime! You may want to give that one a try! Heidi

    ReplyDelete