Thursday, August 5, 2010

Now I get it

I asked more questions today about my bloodwork and it looks like my E2 levels are too high and that's why I've stopped my meds. They need to come down before I can trigger and do the egg retrieval. They had already predicted I'd be a high responder to the meds and yup I am...lots of follicles and high E2 levels even with my low doses of meds. This puts me at risk for OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) which is not a good thing for me or the cycle. So praying that my levels come down and I don't get OHSS. The doctor didn't seem overly concerned and I may have to take a med after trigger that helps prevent OHSS so I hope it's all good.

2 comments:

  1. wow. that's hard huh. will pray that it goes ok and no ohss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely hope you don't get ohss!! Heidi

    ReplyDelete