Friday, August 13, 2010

No transfer after all :(

I couldn't have my embryo transfer today. I have mild ohss and fluid in my abdomen. Getting pregnant would make it worse. We're disappointed but sure don't want to get any sicker. We will have up to 8-9 embryos to freeze and we can come back for a frozen embryo transfer next month. This is much easier than the whole fresh cycle we just did. We can just fly in, have the transfer and go home. Frozen cycles have lower chances of success unfortunately but God willing we may still get pregnant.

I can stop most of my meds now except the one for ohss and the low dose aspirin. I also have to give myself injections of a blood thinner for the next few days. This is to prevent blood clots. The doctor did the first one today-ouch. He also offered to give me IV fluids to rehydrate me but when I reminded him I just drank 4 glasses of water he said "oh yeah and I know how much you love IVs...you should be ok". I'm to stay on the fluid restrictions for another week but he did say I can drink some milk. The ohss will go away on it's own.

This was alot to go through. I don't think I could handle doing another fresh cycle again. So glad we have some frozen embryos. We'll stop in at the clinic tomorrow for the doctor to check on me. Well off to drown my sorrows in milk and cookies and then maybe sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment