Friday, August 6, 2010

Blood draws-uggg.

Well today was my forth blood draw this week and it was awful. One of the coordinators tried to do it and it did not work at all and it hurt a lot. The doctor saw her trying and came in to help. He was successful but wow I don't want to repeat that. My arm looks like it's been through a war zone. The doctor says my veins are just very hard to find...great. They sent me home with another dose of orgalutran and they will call later to say if I should inject that or the trigger shot. Did I mention I'm not a fan of orgalutran cause it hurts? Ok well there`s all my whining about painful blood draws and injections. I was joking with the lady that was giving me my meds as I left. She said 'here's your orgalutran' and I said 'what would a morning in Victoria be without it?' She said it reminded her of a lady who'd said 'nothing like a pelvic ulrasound to start your day". LOL I guess humour helps! Fortunately no more ultrasounds for me at the moment...those hurt too when your ovaries are ginormous and you have a million follicles. Ok no more whining. Off to see the ocean!

1 comment:

  1. ugh. blood stuff sucks when it is hard to find the vein. plus when ithappens so frequently. i'm hving my 6th blood test on sunday- this cycle! mad. so i feel ya.
    so sorry. hope things continue to progress and work out still. thinking of u.

    ReplyDelete