Wednesday, June 30, 2010

peace? hope?

This whole journey of trying to become parents has been a whole lot longer and more difficult than I ever would have thought. We've long ago stopped trying to do anything to conceive, then also stopped doing anything to try to adopt either. Trying to conceive over years with known issues is not fun...so anyone who says "at least you can have fun trying" has no idea. So we stopped trying and just enjoyed our relationship. So with going to IVF now it is strange to have a pretty decent chance of actually conceiving and even having a choice in the timing of it. At first I was way to scared to let myself even hope this might work. Now I know it may or may not work but I'm letting myself hope that it will. I'm letting myself think a little bit about us actually having a baby. It is strange to even type that phrase. Like when the doctor told me to start taking a prenatal vitamin to "prepare for getting pregnant". It's like only other people get pregnant and have babies...not us. But I hope we do and I find peace in knowing God is with us no matter what. He sees us, he knows us, and he cares about the desires of our heart.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know that feeling so well...like that's what happens to other people not to us. I still have a hard time believing I'm pregnant even though this little munchkin kicks me pretty hard on a regular basis. It's so surreal. I'm praying your ivf works!

    ReplyDelete