Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ultrasounds and Spiders

I had an ultrasound the other day. The kind where they tell you to drink 32 oz of water an hour before your appointment then they make you wait while you feel like you're going to die if you don't pee then they bring you in and poke your bladder. Soo remembering last time I decided forget it I'm not following instructions. This is big as I always follow instructions and I had a secret fear that if I drank less water or not as much before hand as they said, then I would get there and they'd say my bladder wasn't full enough for what they needed. But in the end I drank less and only 45 minutes before to account for the inevitable waiting in the office. It felt easier than the last time so I'm glad I did that as it was still hard to wait.

Soo while I was waiting and trying not to pee I tried to skim a magazine. They had one about reproduction which I rarely see in a waiting area so I checked it out. There was an article about positive thinking helping with fertility. They actually suggested you look in the mirror and say "I am a vibrant fertile woman".....Seriously??? Ok well I'm all for being positive but I'm pretty sure this isn't the cure for my and his issues. It did make me laugh though! That sure would be cheaper than IVF!

The ultrasound was relatively fine which is good to know as I'm sure it is the first of many. It was a nice clinic in Millwoods but there was a MASSIVE spider in the bathroom. The ultrasound lady was nice and killed it for me! Good for her...I think spiders are yuck!

I got an email from the fertility clinic saying "the ultrasound looked good!!!". Excellent as I had a secret fear that they would find something wrong that would delay the IVF. Ok can you tell I have a few secret fears about the whole thing? I am learning to trust God each step sooo good learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Yeah right that positive thinking is what we were lacking all these years! Glad the u/s looks good! Heidi

    ReplyDelete