Saturday, June 12, 2010

I want this to be easy...what are the odds?

Well in the past things never go well with trying have children. Getting preganant ended badly. Going to the fertility clinic for testing ended badly. Our adoption homestudy was not a good experience but ended happily with us being an approved waiting family THEN the agency closed so that ended badly too. Soo here in our IVF journey I just want everything to be smooth and easy...what are the odds of that happening?

Well so far so good! We got an appointment at the Victoria Fertility Centre within two weeks of our first call to them. We were told we could start treatment whenever we wanted. My mom gave us some money to help with the cost. I had no icky side effects of taking metformin 3X/day. I've lost some weight. All our appointments have been scheduled at convenient times. Hubby successfully completed all his tests. Alberta Healthcare paid for the genetic tests. My ultrasound looked good and now the clinic just called and said I ovulated! YAY....this mean cycle day one will come on its own, I can start birth control pills, then on to the drugs, drugs, drugs!

Maybe this is going to be ok after all.

2 comments:

  1. Ow wow that's all great news! It's about time things took a turn for the better. Here's hoping 2010 is the year! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Heidi wouldn't it be crazy the two of us pregnant at the same time? I remember sitting in Second Cup wondering who would adopt first, not thinking you'd have your little one home plus be pregnant and now me doing IVF...crazy!

    ReplyDelete