Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Can't think of a title LOL

Well looks like I kinda messed up. I was supposed to start birth control pills on day 3 and go for bloodwork on day 2-5 they told me. I emailed on day one and asked for the requisition to be sent to the lab so I could I thought go on Monday (day 4). I didn't hear back from them on Friday so as directed I started bcps on Sunday. Turns out on Monday that the bloodwork had to be done BEFORE starting the bcps...oops they didn't exactly make that clear. They said it was ok as everything else looked good. Ah well I avoided one poke!

I got the consents and protocol this week. Lots to think about with the consents...like should we limited how many eggs are fertilized, what happens to extra embryos, what happens to them if we die, or our relationship 'terminates"? We don't anticipate those happening but we have to decide what to do..freeze them, donate them to research, let the clinic destroy them. A lot depends on whether or not you view an embryo or a fetus for that matter as a human life. (I do) If we got pregnant with more than twins our clinic would recommend aborting one of the babies. There are ways to avoid multiple births and we will be looking closely at them....no worries I will be having one or two at the most embryos transfered. Still all kinds of things to consider.

I was happy that due to my pcos my drug protocol calls for lower doses of meds and it looks like fewer injectables than I might have thought. Fewer meds also means lower cost which is great as these meds are super crazy expensive. It looks like I get to just stay on bcps for a while and don't start any injections until July 26! This is good as for some protocols you do bcps then add in an injectable medication to help suppress your ovaries while continuing the bcps, then start more injections to stim. I only have the bcps for suppression then do the stims from July 26 for about 12-14 days. The clinic said they're shipping the meds on Tuesday and they come with a DVD and are straightforward...still nervous!

Ok next step...doctors appointment on Monday for a lovely exam and probably more bloodwork...getting used to the bloodwork now I think.

I can do this right?

1 comment:

  1. Yes you can do it! We are rooting for you guys and praying for a miracle!! What a crazy process. I am loving your blog! Heidi

    ReplyDelete