Friday, June 18, 2010

ahh the irony!

Well cycle day one is finally here! I emailed the clinical coordinator who is apparently not into today so hopefully the other person she said to email will send my requisition to the lab. I'm supposed to go for bloodwork on day 2-5 so Mondy I guess I'll be back at the lab....they're going to be seeing lots more of me I think.

And now for the irony...on Sunday I get to start taking birthcontrol pills! This step one in the whole IVF protocol. It gives the doctor the ability to "manipulate my cycle" and suppress my ovaries. Yes a man I've never met said he wants me to take pills to "manipulate you" and I said "hey sure no prob" LOL it's fine given the context. Anyways in order for my dear hubby to possibly be a father next Fathers Day, this Fathers Day I start taking birthcontrol pills....how strange!

So we're really starting this whole thing. After the bloodwork on Monday I think they figure out the whole rest of our protocol. Next will come injections of a drug to help supress my ovaries then later more injections to stimulate them to produce lots of follicles. Yes I am nervous about the injections!! Maybe I'll feel better when we get to talk to the clinic about the whole protocol and all the steps. Ok no wait I was supposed to take this one step at a time.. ok yeah I can take a birth control pill...trying not to think about the rest of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment