Monday, July 26, 2010

Who's afraid of needles??

I AM!

Well I have successfully given myself two injections today. It was harder than I thought. When I go for bloodwork at the lab I never watch, that works great there but when I'm the one sticking the needle in I have to watch! It was all good until the moment I had to do the first injection. It took a while to work up to doing it...I'd start to do it and when the needle hit my skin I'd back out. Soo then there were several spots of blood where I kept starting and stoping. But hey I did it! The medication that came in a pen was alright, I think I can do that one again. The other one that needed to be mixed and given with the syringe actually hurt a fair bit after...maybe it's normal for that med?

I was very glad to have a friend there for support...I don't think I could have done it alone! Well no more needles til tomorrow...I'm sure it gets easier and hey I did it!

1 comment:

  1. So not fun!! I remember the same thing happening to me. It took me about half an hour to do one injection!! I hope it gets easier for you. By the end you will be a pro! Heidi

    ReplyDelete