Sunday, July 11, 2010

Random thoughts

My dear sweet hubby was chatting with a family member who has a young baby who isn't sleeping much. The mom is having a hard time with it. Hubby suggested she could give the baby to us. He was just kidding of course but I love that he loves kids and wants to have a baby with me.

Oh yeah I do know that having a new baby can be hard and as much as we want to have one, I love my sweetie though and I think we could be good parents together.

It's been interesting watching the family baby boom the past few months. We were at a family gathering and there were tons of young babies. Hubby is the oldest but now everyone else is catching up and having babies. I was chatting with one young cousin who was talking about his new baby and their plans for number two baby...then I realized he was 8 years old at our wedding!! Ah well perhaps now is the perfect time for us. I'm not so bothered by seeing everyone else's babies anymore...I don't want their baby...just ours! Although when someone made a comment that maybe there was something in the water causing all the babies that was contagious and should be stopped I did mention that I would LOVE for it to be contagious..trying to hint its a not very helpful thing to say in front of the infertile long time married woman who really wants a baby...ahhh the things people say when they're not thinking!

I watched the DVDs on how to inject myself with the meds. Hubby left the room...couldn't even watch. I think its going to be ok after the first one or two and thankfully I have a friend to help me out the first time at least.

Three weeks till we leave...this time next month I should have some embryos snuggling up inside...hopefully for a very long stay.

2 comments:

  1. hay there. yeah... i was thinking about this, as i have a boom around me in pregnancies too. and totally know what you mean. i'm not jealous of other people's babies but i'm jealous of the ease of getting pregnant and i want my own, not theirs. it is a hard one to explain to other huh.

    i hate the water comment too. i had someone say it at a party but they didn't know about our journey so i can't blame them. (the other day i noticed that my neighbour is pregnant, so i definitely know it is not the water hahaha. )

    injections are not fun. my hubby does them. he thinks they are interesting, while i don't.

    i will be praying that things go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only it were as easy as drinking water!! Good luck with the injections. I can't wait to hear about your embies! Heidi

    ReplyDelete