Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Romance?

Well some say that conceiving a baby should be romantic. I think that's highly over rated...not romance... I like romance but I'm fine with how our children will hopefully be conceived. Ok well actually what I came across in some research about IVF is that some people think it's wrong to separate reproduction, the conception of a child from the intimacy between a couple. Like those two things are created by God to inherently go together and to do it artificially is wrong.

Well I won't even be there at all when my children are conceived. It will not be an intimate act between my husband and I. It will be a process involving injections, and sedation, and doctors and nurses and yes hopefully hubby there too. Conception will be done by an embryologist while hubby and I are else where. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to do this! I look at some situations where a child is conceived 'naturally' but in circumstances of violence and pain. That child is still a precious life despite the difficult circumstances of their conception. If we are blessed to have a baby in our arms one day that child will have been conceived because we so wanted to have him and went through a whole lot of challenging things for the possibility. That child will also be a precious life and no less a gift from God than any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment