Friday, July 30, 2010

I like Benadryl

Well I think I found a way to help the big red sore itchy reaction to the repronex. I took Benadryl and lots of ice yesterday and today the reaction is less. YAY!

The thing is that Benadryl has the same ingredient as unisom a sleep aid. The pharmacist said it would make me sleepy and wow is it ever true. I took 2 at 5:30 and went to church at 7 the other day. I was literally struggling to keep my eyes open and the whole thing was about rest. I would have gone home to sleep except I had something to do after. By about 10:00 I felt ok again. Yesterday I went to sleep at 8:30...well I'm going to be really fun on our trip! Ah well better than the itchy welts. Only about 8 more days of these injections.

Well I'm off to the lab soon to check how things are progressing and see if I need to start a third injectable med tomorrow. Then back home to do laundry and pack up for the trip tomorrow. Poor Monty has no idea his world is going to change tomorrow...he's off to 17 days at the kennel!

I'm off to see the ocean!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the benadryl is working and glad you guys are off on your adventure! Have a safe trip to Victoria. Heidi

    ReplyDelete