Friday, June 3, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster....going up!

Well this whole thing has been such an emotional roller coaster and it's so strange for normally even keeled me to be feeling such crazy ups and downs. Yep...crying, anxiety, insomnia, hopefullness, peace, despair and more.

My trip to Victoria was really good this week. I had been soo nervous for some of the procedures and just generally anxious and stressed and not sleeping, then feeler more peaceful closer to the travel date.

Everything actually ended up being quite smooth and easy and I'm so happy about that. I was so blessed with a family in Victoria that invited me to stay at their house. I'd been dialoging with this lady via an ivf site that had a support thread for patients of my clinic, we'd "met" online in the summer and then in person in January. She and her husband have a beautiful 5 week old baby girl that was conceived at my fertility clinic and is the product of a frozen embryo transfer. This couple were so nice to me. I got picked up at the airport, had dinner at their house, and got a ride to the clinic in the morning.

At the clinic the doctor met me in the waiting room and told me they were running a bit behind but would be with me shortly. I was surprised when a few minutes later they were leading me into the procedure room saying "you know what to do...undress etc". I reminded them that my appointment wasn't for another hour and I'd come early to get some drugs. I was NOT ready for any procedures on the spot with no meds!! Thankfully they gave me my drugs and let me chill out next door for a while. I must say that the combination of tylenol, ativan, and gravol was super relaxing and AWESOME!!

When I went back into the procedure room they did the sonohysterogram, then warned me about the biopsy part that was supposed to hurt....it was FINE! I plan to take tylenol before any and every visit to the clinic from now on and maybe throw in some gravol too. It was the first visit that I've had there that wasn't totally uncomfortable.

After the biopsy I got to go back to the other room for my IV of intralipids and thanks to the freezing before the IV that was a breeze too. I was almost falling asleep during tht intralipids except for the blood pressure cuff that would turn on and squeeze my arm every 5 minutes.

So the doctor said the sonohysterogram showed no abnormalities in my uterus and basically no stone is left unturned. I reviewed my procotol and the herparin injections with the nurse and we should be ready to go next week.

I'm feeling good and kind of hopeful about this working...but then again I've felt that way 3 times before with no success so am I crazy to be hopeful????

No comments:

Post a Comment