Wednesday, June 29, 2011

FET #3 aka "round 4" is coming very soon!

I arrived in Victoria last week and went straight to the fertility clinic. The ultrasound showed my lining was too thin for transfer so I had to increase some meds, and head over to Vancouver to visit Elana and Marcos.

It was a loooong journey to get from the clinic to their house via public transit. It actually took 6 hours in total! For my trip back on Monday I rented a car which is way more expensive to take on the ferry, but way easier. The next ultrasound on Monday showed the lining was a bit thicker, not great but good enough for transfer.

Another problem that came up was that I'd been having cramping in my uterus which the doctor could see on the ultrasound. I thought it was because of the meds but apparently it just happens sometimes. This did make me panic a bit as I pictured my uterus contracting and shooting the little embryos out. I'm still cramping today, nothing I can do about it like all the rest of this.

The doctor is going to give me valium and buscopan before the transfer and these are both supposed to stop the cramping so that the little embryos can snuggle in and implant.

I really hope this works because I never want to do this again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment