Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Round 4!

Well it looks like we're going to try again. My test results are back, I have slight immune issues and a prothrombin gene mutation that causes clotting problems. The solution to this is to have the sonohysterogram and biopsy in May along with an IV intralipids infusion. Then in June I'll start aspirin, estrace, and twice daily heparin injections for a coulple of weeks, then head out to BC for ultrasound/bloodwork/visit to my friend in Vancouver. If all looks good I get to also add in cipro, medrol, and prometrium, of course still continuing the synthroid, metformin, estrace, aspirin, heparin and prenatal vitamins. Yes it will apparently take TEN medications, one biopsy, and two intralipid infusions for me to have a baby. Not exactly natural huh?


I've been totally freaked out about the endometrial biopsy after reading some women's horror story experiences online. Why in the world would a doctor think it's a good idea to do a biopsy with no meds offered except 'take a few advil before you come'. Some women find it not too bad but so far all my other experiences with people poking at my cervix/uterus/ovaries have been alot worse than described. So when this one is actually described as painful in the literature they sent me I pretty much panicked. Nothing like worrying about something a month ahead of time!!

I felt like my doctor would think i was being silly but I emailed him to tell him I felt anxious about it. I emailed him on Saturday night and he replied back on Sunday morning....how awesome is that! He was actually very nice and said I could come in an hour before my appointment and get some ativan, tylenol, and gravol. Hopefully this makes it ok!

The anxiety I'm feeling with this cycle is not good. I felt sick after I talked to the doctor to set up my timelines, then again when i went to the pharmacy to order my meds. I'm going to try not to think about it so much and fill my mind with good things. Psalm 23 has helped me out lately....it's like an anti-anxiety Psalm for me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment